Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When life hands you lemons - make lemonade

Ok so this won't be a painting blog...... haven't decided which one I want to talk about next. This is more of I have committed to write a blog every so many days blog, blog. I am in the midst of switching gears here. You know the now age old story of computer woes, going down and reinventing that health of my computer. I guess the same could be said about people. If you consider that we really are nothing but energy. So my computer is feeling lighter, cleaner and gosh darn I like it as Stuart Smalley would say.

Although I love my Mythos Series paintings, which at first I hated, I'm looking to mix things up even more. There was a time when I was very outgoing...... but you know things change, however I continue to challenge myself and step outside my physical box and hope to interact with some pretty cool artists in my area. May even take up figure drawing just to try something new. Now of course I never have plans as to selling my work. When I work on painting it's mostly about being in that space. So to be in a room with others while working is a little intimidating. But like I said I am one who is willing to explore.

So if I were to write it out in actually steps
1) would be to go for it
2) be willing to accept the unexpected
3) continue to explore (because life is about learning and experience)
4) Smile and wave

I'm finding that connecting with other painters/artists and allowing myself to get out of my own way I'm really enjoying it.
This of course can apply to all areas of one's life. Key point here is to stop the constant mental hockey.

That's it for now....... back to picking which painting to write about next.

Look for life's little miracles........ they're all around.

Lily

And of course this is all in cheek,