Friday, August 29, 2008

rain, rain, rain

Never have I seen so much rain..... or the skies being so overcast. Since fall of last year I think there has been more overcast days than I've seen in my entire life. Never mind snow in the winter season for Seasonal Affective Disorder cause well that just wouldn't apply here.

I'm curious as to why though. Why has it been sooooo overcast this past year. In fact the weather network used to post seasonal forecast predictions, but that seems to have curiously disappeared. I even went to the Farmer's Almanac to see what they have forecasted, but as with everything else these things all change. That's not to say they don't have any info though and if you're interested here is the link long range almanac forecast.

I actually find the almanac somewhat fascinating. My father kind of got me interested in the almanac because he would use the info inside to help plan his garden. But there's all kinds of interesting little facts. It's probably the most comprehensive historical weather data around.

Now a lot of people whom I talk to wonder why I talk about the weather and here's the reason. The weather is happening right now and right in this moment. It is always happening right now so it's a timely topic. But it is true I do seem to pay more attention now than ever before.

And so we are in for some more rainy weather....... hello gustov!