Friday, October 3, 2008

Political fodder or just plain BS!!

There is something brewing here...... oh dear **** soup. Could be that there was a listerosis outbreak in the Green Room at the debate. I woke up in the middle of the night as I do sometimes and for some crazed reason decided I would look at the Star online. Voila there is was staring me in the face like pasty mouth after being sick. The english leaders debate. Oddly enough the picture they chose was a picture with all the leaders obviously looking at the camera and Stephen Harper typically with his back to the camera walking away from the other leaders. Subliminal as it may be this is exactly how I picture Harper, with his back to the constituents, with no real concern or conscious towards the people and the land that he represents. I would put a link here to the picture but of course as I sit down to write this of course the picture has been changed.

There are some very interesting things to point out here. One of them being Stephen Harpers' denial that Canada is undergoing a recession. Curious what it would take for him to actually realize this. The second and this has been going on for awhile is his refusal to put a plan forward in this election. It's very easy for him to pick apart others plans cause hey!!!! they actually have some. I think my biggest question that continually nags at me is this - I am pretty certain we will end up with a minority Conservative Government that is unless the conservatives have rigged the election as they did when good ole Bush got elected.
In fact I think they will end up with fewer seats than they now hold. But the burning question is......... Harper claims to have called this election because the Government was dysfunctional and he couldn't get things done, so if we end up in the same situation what is his call going to be. Oh I think I will just call another election or will he actually get down to the task at hand and show some leadership?

Leadership..... that's my next burning topic, it's percolating in my head and I don't just want to spew it out hapharzardly. Why? Well the leadership of this country is in peril so maybe we need to actually take a closer look into what good working leadership is.

For now enjoy the ongoing saga of familiar regurgitated pat answers of the political arena and the avoidance of putting forth any real plans.

Lily