Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Genesis of creation


Have you ever wanted a do over. You know the kind. Maybe there is a burning desire in you to just chuck it all and go someplace where know one knows your name and just start from scratch. For some this is a right of passage, for some this is a necessity, for some just a longing.

I do, I do often feel like just removing myself from the life I know and create a completely new life. Than I come to my senses, or should I say all the little voices start talking to me in my head. It's not that I don't like my life, hey things could always be better, but truthfully I am one grateful person for everything so far.

It's that mid-life thing. I want a little flare and excitement added to my life, but I would like it sans drama. Hee hee hee, maybe that's seems a little unrealistic. No DRAMA!!! No DRAMA!!!
I'm just thinking back and trying to remember moments in life with no drama, funny how they just don't jump out at you, and of course the dramatic moments come........ whoosh! Smack!

Maybe the trick is to be still ....... be quiet, in reflection or would that be more like contemplation? Which is exactly the state I'm in while I paint, actually I would it goes much more deeper than that. Much more deeper. Now I can't possibly tell you what other go through while they paint but for me it is completely serene, a place where I feel completed connected, to everything and nothing all at once. It is a two-way communication, like it says above 'at some point one must listen and respond'........... 'it's in the responding that we create magic'. So it's the listening that is the 'big deal', when we listen take note what it is your listening to. Is it your mind/ego, or your heart/intuition. It is my intuition that I listen to when it comes to my paintings.

And so that brings me to my next painting, entitled 'Genesis'. No, not the book of Genesis, but from the simple fact that from nothing comes creation. It's important to listen to one's intuition if you wish to create. In there lies your 'Magic'.