Sunday, October 19, 2008

My take on the election results *#()@&*#

No surprises for the fact that the conservatives won. Although I am a little disappointed. Conservatives need not comment to me. The fact is we have the same government we had before and there absolutely needs to be consensus amongst the parties to work together to navigate Canada through the current and upcoming economic crisis.

Some of the other disappointments in this particular election is the fact that the Conservative government foolishly spent 300 million dollars for more of the same and the lowest voter turn out in history. Analysts can think this one through the wazoo....
It's also sad to see the lack of younger voter turn out for which I'm sure there is many various reasons for such.

The positive outlook to low younger turn out for me is that...... The younger generation is wired differently. We all seek change.... but they are the change. It is ultimately up to them to demand the change, make the suggestions toward a new future and than make the changes. Let's face the old boy's club is out of sync and look out only for their interests. Yup, I went there and even me being middle of the road and more than willing to welcome change would possibly have a difficult adjusting depending on the severity of change we see.

So I guess in retrospect that is where my disappoint lies with the election results...... that it's just more of the same.

Change is a good thing it's the only thing that is truly inevitably in our lives.